All marketing experts can agree on one thing – smart blogging is key to any successful marketing campaign. If you are a blogger yourself, but still struggle to drive traffic to your website, it may be the time to change your strategy.
Nowadays, quality content is not the only precondition to getting people interested in a blog. It may as well be that a blog is not popular because readers are not engaged and motivated to spend more time on it.
1. Make it More ReadableThe first reason why blogs fail is low-quality content. Boring and purely technical posts drive readers away. While it is important to share graphs and numerical data, make sure readers find these entertaining and easy to understand.
If you need tables for your posts, consider installing a WordPress tables plugin. This plugin makes charted content seamless and understandable. Consider it, especially if your business deals with surveys, reports, or numerical data.
You can also divide text to make it easy on the eye. This way, readers won’t be discouraged by endless text walls and boring content.
2. Keep the Novelty GoingRemember – you are telling a story. Writing is foremost a skill, and readers need to understand the introduction, culmination, and results of what you are telling them.
Therefore, readers won’t care for texts dedicated to advertising and sore promotion. They are looking for texts that have an emotional perspective. They want to learn and understand and find a solution to a particular problem they face. If you can address this the right way, you are halfway done.
Finally, don’t compromise on quality. People remember sites where they learned something new, and they will come back.
3. Keep an Eye on Loading TimesWe could talk for days about responsiveness and a good reason. You may run the best blog with the most amazing content, but if loading is slow, most visitors won’t stick around long enough to see it. Motives won’t matter – people simply don’t have the time.
More importantly, this trend won’t go away. The attention span will keep shrinking, and loading time will be essential to who gets to keep an audience and who doesn’t.
Therefore, do everything you can to improve the loading times of your blog. The faster the blog is, the more page views and conversions it will bring your way. Visitors will be very satisfied, and this will help you improve your SEO rankings.
4. Think MobileNowadays when most people surf via handheld devices, you cannot afford the luxury of running a non-mobile website or blog. People love the convenience and easily accessible content, and you need to provide it to them. The sooner you do that, the better.
The key to a great mobile user experience is a seamless interface on any device. The theme you use should adapt and adjust easily on any screen so that the content is readable, and the buttons are functional. Your visitors will appreciate this.
5. Use Attractive and Appealing ContentTrue, you may work with purely technical content where art simply doesn’t seem to work. And yet, there is much more than words to a successful blog. Wherever possible, engage users with media and graphics. Many studies show that people are likelier to remember information shared with a visual aid. Examples include video promotions and infographics.
It is also a fact that visual blogs are more popular, especially when they follow trends and best practices. If you are still looking for the perfect blog idea, think of commenting on current events and sharing opinions to inspire a discussion.
6. Its Majesty – The Search BoxAs a web user yourself, you know how annoying it is to not be able to search for something on a website. It is even more annoying to look for the search button among pages, just because someone forgot to put it on the home page.
In short – don’t forget to include a search box from the moment visitors land on your site. This way, it will be easier for them to search for content and to complete an action.
Final ThoughtsBlogs work out miracles for modern businesses. They improve their online presence and raise awareness of their brand. It doesn’t matter which niche they’re in – a strong online presence is the most effective marketing tool of all.
This is why it is so important to keep visitors engaged and interested. You need to provide them quality content, power this with visual aids, and deliver it fast and scalable. As a result, you will rank higher on search engines and drive customers your way, even if the content is downright average. Test the practices we suggested, and the results will be visible in no time.