You are wondering what are the best tools to gather information on your employees? First and foremost, trust is vital within the field of the working industry. The rise of technology made work shift from the industry to the information age. The lack of engagement, productivity, and honesty within the frame of work are what inspire you to search for techniques for monitoring your employees. Employers want to remain transparent with their workforce by monitoring their productivity and ensuring business security. It is important for you to find the balance between your need to track them and their right to privacy. Having overcontrol can create additional pressure and inconvenience. Keep the reasons you want to monitor them only in favor of your company. Go through our six useful tech tools available nowadays and pick those you need. Prior to that, identify the business objectives, goals, and features your company requires to pick the best solution.
- Video Tools Video surveillance is the most common technology technique for monitoring workplaces and workforces nowadays. They can be found almost in every workplace. This kind of monitoring intends to preserve the safety and prevent misbehavior.
- Software Tools One of the most functional solutions for monitoring nowadays is undoubtedly monitoring software. Be it that you want to track remote teams or your employees in the office, it works in both ways and presents a great solution. Why?
- GPS tools Sometimes, your employees are required to go out to the field as part of their job which will disable you from tracking their activity if you're limited to video tools. That’s when you need GPS tracking. It helps businesses have an eye on their employees working out. But there are a few points to consider before using a GPS tracker. It has to be introduced to your employees because they will need an app or work phone so that you can track them during work hours.
- Email Monitoring Email monitoring is used to prevent employees from misusing their work emails. These work emails are only meant for purposes related to work or some official projects. This account should only serve as a tool for messages related to increasing the company's potential and fulfilling the tasks, without including personal or private messages.
- Network Monitoring This kind of monitoring identifies unusual internet usage in your business. It analyzes all the outgoing and incoming traffic from your office network. It can also let you know if your employees spend their working time unproductively, using social media or accessing some unrelated sites.
- Biometric Terminals and Keycards These are two systems that work for companies demanding high levels of security. They use sensors and fingerprint scanners to monitor employees within the office premises. You can set individual security settings for each employee and track their attendance and physical location.
These intentions should not pass the limit and violate the privacy of your employees. These systems do not offer you an insight into their productivity and performance but help you identify any possible and visible inconvenient behavior that can disrupt the workplace. Besides, it helps you recognize any potential security issues. Cameras for video surveillance are installed only in common work areas, otherwise, you can come in touch with illegal issues, if you let cameras track their private spaces. Therefore, focus this tool on your main, legal objectives.
This option offers the most direct monitoring system, meaning that its method of tracking gives you the deepest insight into your employee’s performance. It provides you with the level of control of your workplace you need in order to maintain work harmony enriched with high productivity and quality experience. Good monitoring software has amazing functionalities at its disposal like time tracking, project insights, and the rise and fall of your team productivity. This encourages your idea to have a simple and intuitive way to visualize their activity and enhance their performance.
These software tools are designed to perfectly match your company’s needs and expectations of employees and help keep both you and them organized. Time is precious in this field, so it is of huge importance to monitor whether their time spent works in your favor.
GPS is beneficial for your business as it helps you keep your assets in check, optimize routes, coordinate your workforce, optimize your expenses and track the efficiency of your employees. This will help you in assigning clients and tasks to specific employees to enhance efficiency.
This kind of monitoring will let you obtain valuable information on how the communication is established between your employees and partners, and between the companies as well.
Email monitoring helps you to see how your email system is actually used in order to benefit your company. In order to avoid monitoring all the communication, you can also use filters to identify and block non-work emails from employees’ inboxes.
In choosing the best tech option for monitoring your employees, consider your objectives, their privacy rights, and the features that are the most important to you.